With NEA support, the AEI Lab conducts experimental and quasi-experimental empirical research to better understand the role of arts and culture in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our research lab focuses on addressing the following research topics:
- How do artists navigate the labor market?
- What is the artist's role in civic innovation?
- What leadership role do artists play in emerging “platform” and “gig” economies?
- Where does innovation and economic growth occur in the digital media sector?
- Which arts sectors are linked to broader societal innovation, as reflected by U.S. economic and job growth?