About AEI Lab
The Arts, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation Lab is a collaboration between the Center for Cultural Affairs at the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts Research Lab program. The AEI Lab is also operated in partnership with CultureSource.
With NEA support, the AEI Lab conducts experimental and quasi-experimental empirical research to better understand the role of arts and culture in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our research lab focuses on addressing the following research topics:
- How do artists navigate the labor market?
- What is the artist's role in civic innovation?
- What leadership role do artists play in emerging "platform" and "gig" economies?
- Where does innovation and economic growth occur in the digital media sector?
- Which arts sectors are linked to broader societal innovation, as reflected by U.S. economic and job growth?